Alex Jones to Marjorie Taylor Greene: “My favorite member of Congress"; “The incredible MTG, the most eloquent, the most beautiful member of Congress"; “The most influential patriot in Congress. Fearless, smart and amazing"; “MTG, who I hope becomes president one day. Hell, she’d probably be better than Trump."
Marjorie Taylor Greene to Alex Jones: “I am a huge fan of yours"; “Your show is one of the best shows there is"; “You have courage and you're willing to talk about things and explore the issues and ask questions"; “I fully support you, Alex. You have been so in front of so many issues and news stories. And I'm just grateful for you. And I'm grateful for your fight"; “I'm so thankful that you have been right so many times"; “We have to band together.”
House Republicans' decision to give Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a Homeland Security Committee assignment is a victory for Alex Jones. He is a collaborator of and a source of information for the Georgia congresswoman, who has frequently praised Jones while appearing on his show, visited and dined with him in Texas, and said during one appearance that “we have to band together.”
Jones is one of the country’s leading right-wing conspiracy theorists. He has:
- Repeatedly claimed that the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting was fake. He has been successfully sued for his lies about the tragedy;
- Promoted conspiracy theories regarding 9/11, the Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting, the Boston Marathon bombing, and numerous other tragedies;
- And pushed violent rhetoric against his perceived enemies.
Greene made 10 appearances on Jones’ program since 2022, most recently on January 12. During those shows, the two frequently heaped praise on each other.
They have also worked together to fundraise for Greene and push viewers to lobby Congress on behalf of her priorities. The two are so close that Greene visited Jones in Texas, where she appeared live in Infowars’ studios and dined at a restaurant with her fellow conspiracy theorist. (Greene has invited Jones to the Capitol.)
Jones has defended Greene after some on the right criticized her for supporting McCarthy's bid for speaker. Jones said on his program on January 8: “She supported a lot of good legislation. She supported free speech. She stood up for Infowars and she's had a lot of courage and she is loyal to Trump.” He added that he didn't want to hear criticism of her from certain people, adding: “I feel good. My gut's telling me she's good. I like her.”
During her Infowars appearances, Greene has lobbed her typical rhetoric, including urging vigilante violence against transgender people; promoting the conspiracy theory that January 6 was actually an FBI plot; and falsely claiming that the midterm election in Arizona was stolen.
Those appearances have also been a mutual admiration society between Greene and Jones. Here are numerous examples:
Jones and Greene’s over-the-top adulation for each other
- Jones: “There's a lot of great new people in the last few years have gotten into Congress for defending this republic. But out of all of them, the most informative and interesting and brave has got to be Marjorie Taylor Greene.” [2/2/22]
- Greene: “I am a huge fan of yours, so I'm thrilled to be here.” Jones: “I'm a big fan of yours as well.” [2/2/22]
- Jones: “You’re what people want: an amazing, powerful, smart, beautiful woman promoting freedom.” [2/2/22]
- Jones: “I believe in you. I mean, I know you’re for real. I know your voting record is amazing, and I know you're an example of a grassroots, hard working, smart person standing up and going against the system. And if you can inspire others and if we can inspire others, we're going to win this fight.” [2/20/22]
- Jones: “You're not scared to come on here.” Greene later replied: “Oh, Alex, I would never be afraid to come on your show. I think your show is one of the best shows there is, and the American people know it. That's why so many people watch your show. Because you have courage and you're willing to talk about things and explore the issues and ask questions. There is nothing wrong with asking questions and digging for the truth.” [3/30/22]
- Jones: “I celebrate MTG because she's a really smart lady. She has courage. She's even more beautiful in person. She's a businesswoman, a mom, a mother, a patriot, very successful in the private sector. And she's the example of what America is. And that's why they fear her so much. … She's smart enough to say, ‘Hey, we should support Alex because that's a populist movement. He's a good guy. He's not lying, he's not perfect. But we should support him. He's under attack.’ She understands the common sense of we're the good guys, we're trying to save the country.’” [4/21/22]
- Greene: “I want to chime in there and tell you I fully support you, Alex. You have been so in front of so many issues and news stories. And I'm just grateful for you. And I'm grateful for your fight. I'm grateful that you've never given up and that when they've come after you like they have all these years, you have dug in and said, ‘No, you will not take me out. I will find another way and I'll keep telling the truth.’ And I just really appreciate you for that. And I fully agree with you. We have to band together.” [4/21/22]
- Greene: “I love those T-shirts. ‘Alex Jones was right.’ I need one. I definitely want to wear one. And I'm so thankful that you have been right so many times.” [4/21/22]
- Jones: “My favorite member of Congress.” [7/6/22]
- Jones: “The incredible MTG, the most eloquent, the most beautiful member of Congress. I mean, they call her dumb all day because she's so damn smart. Look at this woman.” [7/6/22]
- Jones: “The most influential patriot in Congress. Fearless, smart and amazing.” [8/24/22]
- Greene: “I have to give you props, Alex. You were right all along. This is a war of information. It's the information war. And I love to say it: Alex Jones is right and you have been right on that. And Republicans, we are constantly losing this war.” [11/15/22]
- Jones: “I love her. I think she's one of the best members of Congress and they're already getting a lot of great stuff passed.” [1/12/23]
Jones pushing for Greene to be president
- Jones: “MTG, who I hope becomes president one day. Hell, she’d probably be better than Trump coming up in 2024. Can we get you to run for president in the next few years? Because I think you're one of the few people that would probably have a better voting record and have a better chance at winning than even Trump or maybe a Greene-DeSantis ticket?” [2/2/22]
- Jones: “If the system got out of your way, which they wouldn’t, if the Republicans didn’t attack you, which they will, I think you would be — poll better and be a better candidate for president than DeSantis and Trump. So would you take a VP slot with either one of them or I'd rather just go ahead and back you for president. … You're just as smart or smarter than both of them. And you've got the guts we need. And everybody loves you. I'm serious. We need to think about MTG president here.” [7/6/22]
Jones promoting Greene’s campaign and legislation
- Jones: “No matter where you live in the United States, you need to donate right now to Marjorie Taylor Greene's reelection campaign.” [2/20/22]
- Jones: “I just really appreciate your great voting record and all you've done and everybody out there, there's not a place that you can fight for freedom better than Marjorie Taylor Greene and her reelection.” [2/20/22]
- Greene and Jones promoted the congressional switchboard’s number to get people to call Congress about her legislation, the Congressional Voting Accountability Act, which “would discontinue the practice of voice votes, ‘present’ votes, and remote or proxy votes instituted during the Covid-19 pandemic.” Jones told his audience that supporting Greene’s legislation “is a very important thing to do.”