Bolling's misinformation and GOP activism pay off: Fox Business awards him a primetime show
Blog ››› ››› ERIC HANANOKI
Today, Fox officially announced that Eric Bolling will get a primetime show on the Fox Business Network. Bolling, who previously co-hosted FBN's Happy Hour and has guest-hosted on Fox News, should fit right in with Fox's stable of primetime hosts. In just the past year, Bolling has regularly misinformed viewers about economic issues, advanced anti-Obama conspiracy theories, and encouraged viewers to vote for Republicans.
Fox Business will also debut Andrew Napolitano's Freedom Watch this Saturday. The previously web-only show has hosted 9-11 Truth leaders, and Napolitano has pushed anti-government conspiracies on Fox News and Fox Business. In March, Bolling and Napolitano pushed the debunked conspiracy theory that the health care bill established a "civilian army" for Obama.
Falsehoods and misinformation
- Quick Fact: Fox's Bolling falsely claims "illegals" are "not paying taxes"
- Bolling pushes baseless smear that Stupak got a "sweetheart deal" from Obama for "millions of dollars for airports"
- Bolling and Fox Business run with absurd claim that Obama's going to "prohibit fishing"
- Bolling falsely claims only 595,000 jobs have been created by the stimulus
- Bolling stuffs "Obama's Checkbook" with Bush bailout checks
- Quick Fact: Beck guest host revives debunked climate email claim in attack on Mann
- Fox's Bolling falsely claims there were "zero terror attacks that killed Americans on American soil" since 9-11 under Bush
- Quick fact: Beck fill-in Bolling falsely claimed House health bill puts us "$1.2 trillion further in debt"
- Fox's purported business expert gets financial reform provision wrong
- Bolling's "idea" to save democracy: "2012, put a Republican in there" who won't "veto a rescinding of the health care"
- Fox's Bolling encourages Sheriff Joe Arpaio to run for governor of AZ
- Fox's Bolling touts his "write-in" candidates for 2012: President Beck and VP Palin
- In successive tweets, Fox News' Bolling begs McCaskill to "VOTE NO" on health care, mocks global warming
- Fox Business host Bolling celebrates Republican victories: "Hasta la Vista Jon"
- Fox Business' Eric Bolling: "Van Jones resigns ... How about J Holdren Science Czar (mass sterilization) and Cass Susstein [sic]"
Smears and right-wing rhetoric
- Eric Bolling and all those folks living the high life of unemployment
- Bolling: Snow "breaking Al Gore's heart because" it's "burying his global warming theory"
- Bolling: "Eww ... [Pelosi] parachuting, pole vaulting, visuals I don't really need"
- Fox's Bolling: Social Security "kind of like a Ponzi scheme ... should rename it the Madoff Social Security system"
- Bolling responds to Rep. Barney Frank baseball comments...by smearing Speaker Pelosi
- In "Street Meat" graphic, FBN's Bolling pictures Rep. Barney Frank "appropriately positioned...catching, of course"
- Fox News' Bolling tweets "Obama and Chavez sittin in a tree...K I S S I ...."