Despite "all my apologies" for bigoted comments, Corsi reportedly scheduled to appear on "pro-White" radio show
Research ››› ››› ERIC HANANOKI, SIMON MALOY, JULIE MILLICAN, MAX BLUMENTHAL & MATT GERTZ
Despite stating that he had apologized for what was described as a "series of bigoted and hateful posts," Jerome Corsi, author of The Obama Nation, is scheduled to appear with host James Edwards on the August 17 edition of The Political Cesspool Radio Show, which, according to its "Statement of Principles," "represent[s] a philosophy that is pro-White." In a blog post, Edwards has stated that "[i]nterracial sex is white genocide."
In an appearance on the August 13 edition of CNN's Larry King Live, after Media Matters for America Senior Fellow Paul Waldman noted that Jerome Corsi, author of The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality, had "put up on right-wing Web sites a whole series of bigoted and hateful posts," Corsi replied that "you haven't mentioned all my apologies for those statements." But notwithstanding Corsi's apologies for his comments, Corsi is reportedly scheduled to appear with host James Edwards on the August 17 edition of The Political Cesspool Radio Show, which, according to its "Statement of Principles," "represent[s] a philosophy that is pro-White" and which "heartily endorse[s] and accept[s] as our own, the founding tenets of the Council of Conservative Citizens [CCC]." According to a Fall 2007 article in the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report, " 'The Political Cesspool' in the past two years has become the primary radio nexus of hate in America." Corsi previously appeared on the July 20 edition of the show, in which he promoted The Obama Nation and criticized Sen. Barack Obama.
The Southern Poverty Law Center blog Hatewatch flagged Corsi's July 20 and reported August 17 appearances on Political Cesspool in an August 13 post.*
The show's statement also asserts that "America would not be as prosperous, ruggedly individualistic, and a land of opportunity if the founding stock were not Europeans" and that "[w]e wish to revive the White birthrate above replacement level fertility and beyond to grow the percentage of Whites in the world relative to other races." It also states: "Secession is a right of all people and individuals. It was successful in 1776 and this show honors those who tried to make it successful in 1865." According to the statement, Political Cesspool is also "against feminism" and "against homosexuality."
An August 14 post on Edwards' blog, titled "Hollywood promotes white genocide" and highlighted on the front page of the show's website, states: "One of the most popular movies right now is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: 2, which is being marketed directly to teenage girls. It's been out about a week and has already grossed almost $25 million dollars. What's it about? White girls having sex with non-whites. Which is white genocide." It later adds: "Interracial sex is white genocide." An August 13 post to Edwards' blog, headlined "Your chance to hear a real Holocaust survivor," states: "If you're anywhere near Alabama, and you want the chance to meet a real hero, mark August 26th on your calendar. That's the day David Irving, a survivor of the Jewish Holocaust against free speech, will be speaking at the Prattville Holiday Inn." In a February 20, 2006, article, BBC News reported that Irving, a British historian, had been "jailed by an Austrian court after pleading guilty to denying that the Holocaust took place."
In addition, responding to a June 6 report by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) about Political Cesspool's return to the airwaves following a four-month hiatus, in a June 9 blog post, Edwards referred to the ADL as "America's most powerful hate group." Purporting to provide "a handy ADL-to-English dictionary" for his supporters to use while reading the ADL's article, Edwards wrote:
White supremacist -- anybody who doesn't hate white people
Anti-semite -- 1. any non Jewish white person; 2. everyone who's ever met [ADL chairman] Abe Foxman
Extremist -- normal American
Holocaust denier -- someone who asks questions about WW II the ADL doesn't want asked
Neo-Nazi -- any white person who openly disagrees with a Jew
Racist -- a white person
Other statements found on Edwards' blog:
- In an August 11 post, Edwards wrote: "For blacks in the Americas, slavery is the greatest thing that ever happened to them. Unfortunately, it's the worst thing that ever happened to white Americans."
- In an August 6 post headlined "Jewish media reaches new heights," discussing a Slate.com article by "Jew Timothy Noah," Edwards wrote that the piece would "make sense once you understand that Jews are the ones who are always speaking in code; when they use words like 'racists', 'bigots', 'anti-semites', they simply mean white people." Similarly, in a July 9 post headlined "Great moments in Jewish journalism," Edwards referred to a column by The Washington Post's David S. Broder about former Sen. Jesse Helms as "another hatefilled Jewish attack piece."
- In a July 30 post, Edwards asked: "If the WNBA [Women's National Basketball Association] is so hell bent on diversity, why don't they hire a couple of heterosexual players or coaches?"
- In a June 6 post headlined "Does she hate Whitey?" Edwards wrote: "Michelle Obama, that is. Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure she does. Just like her husband. Just like about 90% of blacks."
CCC's principles, as printed on Political Cesspool''s website, are:
1. We believe the United States is a Christian country.
2. The United States is a sovereign and independent nation.
3. We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people.
4. The United States is a constitutional republic.
5. We believe in States' Rights, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the Bill of Rights.
6. The traditional family is the basic unit of human society.
7. Private property and free enterprise are the foundations of our economy.
8. We must have cultural, national, and racial integrity.
9. A strong national defense is imperative.
10. Our nation needs an "America First" Foreign Policy.
11. Our nation needs "America First" Trade Policies.
12. Traditional education should remain under local control.
13. We advocate strong and just law enforcement.
14. English is the official language to be used in public discourse in America.
15. We believe in the protection of our environmental and natural heritage.
For its part, the CCC says next to the "principle" quoted by Political Cesspool about the United States being a "European Country": "We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called 'affirmative action' and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races." Edwards spoke at the CCC 2008 national convention.
* Text added.