Homophobe Ann Coulter -- "the right wing Judy Garland" -- to headline party for gay GOP group
Blog ››› ››› KARL FRISCH
Right-wing author and noted homophobe Ann Coulter is slated to headline "Homocon 2010" on September 25 in New York City benefiting the gay Republican group GOProud. On the event's invitation, GOProud refers to Coulter as, "the right wing Judy Garland!"
Now is as good a time as any to note Coulter's long history of homophobia, gay baiting, and name-calling when it comes to the LGBT community:
- Coulter: "Obama has responded to terrorists on U.S. soil by coming out for gays in the military"
- Coulter launches bigoted anti-gay attack on Kevin Jennings
- Endorsing the Manhattan Declaration, Coulter compares "cultural crisis" to Holocaust, slavery
- Coulter to appear on June 26 Hardball -- first time since "brilliant brain" called Gore a "total fag"
- Coulter: "I don't think there's anything offensive about any variation of faggy, faggotry, faggot, fag"
- Coulter reference to Edwards as "faggot" gives rise to questions for media
- Coulter put "even money" on Sen. Clinton "[c]oming out of the closet"
- Olbermann awards Coulter third place in "Worst Person in the World" contest for her "Revenge of the Queers" column
Now that's what I call strange bedfellows. Who knows how many slurs she'll direct at members of the organization?
I'm actually surprised the group hasn't invited Michael Savage (née Weiner) to headline an event given his anti-gay history.