WND's Erik Rush: AZ Shooting Possibly "Orchestrated" To "Justify Crack Security For All Of Congress"
Blog ››› ››› BEN DIMIERO
Birther Central WorldNetDaily is home to several of the most unhinged writers in online conservative media. As just one example, columnist Erik Rush has been peddling his nonsensical brand of fearmongering for years. He has:
- claimed Dems are "plying" black leaders "with a seat at the table, while they keep blacks stretched over a barrel with their cheeks spread."
- said Obama was like "the proverbial cellblock rapist" due to his "'ramming' of much of his Marxist agenda down our collective throats as quickly as he can."
- said that Obama is like O.J. Simpson, in that they are both narcissists.
- pushed the Obama birth certificate conspiracy.
- asked readers when they were going to admit Obama and Democrats "are manifestly evil -- or are you going to wait until they're gunning us down in the streets?"
Being a WND writer, Rush is always quick to concoct outlandish conspiracy theories. As documented by Media Matters' Terry Krepel at his ConWebWatch blog, while the tragic events unfolded in Tucson on Saturday, Rush suggested that the shooting may have been "orchestrated" to justify tighter security for Congress:
Two things: "cynical" is not the right word to describe this thought.
And perhaps Fox News should think twice before they host someone like Rush in the future. Despite the fact that he has revealed himself to be completely untethered from reality, Rush has appeared as a guest on both Fox & Friends and Hannity (several times). While the network is apparently unperturbed by his anti-Obama screeds, Rush's suggestion that the government orchestrated Saturday's shootings should (hopefully) give them pause before they give him a platform in the future.