Boortz: "Single mothers receiving public assistance" are "welfare broodmares"
Research ››› ››› NATHAN TABAK
On his radio show, Neal Boortz described "single mothers receiving public assistance" as "welfare broodmares" -- a "broodmare" is "a mare [a female horse] kept for breeding." Boortz previously referred to "welfare brood mares" in a "Nealz Nuze" post on his website.
On the August 19 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, Neal Boortz described "single mothers receiving public assistance" as "welfare broodmares." The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines a "broodmare" as "a mare [a female horse] kept for breeding." Boortz made the comment while discussing a report (available here) that women in Georgia who received public assistance gave birth at more than three times the rate of women who did not receive public assistance, according to 2006 U.S. Census Bureau figures.
Boortz has previously referred to "welfare brood mares." In a January 2 "Nealz Nuze" post on his website, Boortz wrote: "And a word for you welfare brood mares out there. That's right ... welfare brood mares ... it's time for someone to call you out for what you are. Perhaps one of the greatest social wrongs a person can commit in this country is to have a child that you cannot afford to care for [ellipses in original]." Boortz continued, "Do you really think that it's perfectly OK for you to get yourself knocked up, download your baby, and then tell the taxpayers 'Hey, look what I did! Now you folks cough up the money I need to take care of this child.' " In the same post, Boortz also wrote:
[Y]ou're going to be right there in November to vote for Hillary, aren't you. In fact all of you are: the uneducated and unmotivated, the "I'm not responsible for my own health care" crowd, and the single moms. All of you want someone else to step in and take care of you after you've screwed up your own lives, and who better than Hillary, a woman more than ready to use the police power of government to reward you for your votes.
You do know, don't you, that you have absolutely no constitutional right to cast a vote in this presidential election. No ... you probably don't know that. That would mean you are educated, but you're not. You were educated by the government ... and the government sure isn't going to disclose that inconvenient little fact to you. Somehow the media in this country has bought the politician's about this 'right to vote.' It's not there. Doesn't exist. And to save this country we need to figure out a way to get tens of millions the parasite class off the voter roles [sic: rolls]. Welfare? No vote. Illiterate? Stay home on election day. Begging for the government to be your lifetime nanny? Let the doers, the achievers cast the votes. Just stay away.
From the August 19 edition of Cox Radio Syndication's The Neal Boortz Show:
BOORTZ: Two stories right here, I think gives us an idea of what, you know, life in this world and life in the United States is going to be like for our children. The first story. In Georgia, as well as, I dare say, most other states in the nation, the least -- or the less you can afford to have a child, the more likely it is you're going to have one. In Georgia, welfare broodmares -- that is also described as single mothers receiving public assistance -- are having babies at three times the rate, three times the rate of mothers who do not need public assistance. If you're on welfare, 162 births per 1,000 women. If you're not on welfare, 53 births per 1,000 women. Three to one. Three to one.
And then on a world basis, the world's poorest countries have one thing in even greater abundance: people. Nearly -- this is the Population Reference Bureau -- nearly all of the world population growth is now concentrated in the poorer countries. 1.2 billion people live in countries classified as developed by the United Nations. 5.5 billion live in less-developed regions. There is little population growth in the developed countries. In many of the developed countries, there is even a decline. By 2050, the global population -- you have a child, OK? Do you have a child right now? A 10-year-old. So how old will that child be by 2050? Fifty-two years old. If you just had a child in the last week, 42 years old. By 2050, global population up to 9.3 billion, the population share in the less-developed countries will be 86 percent, according to current birth rates -- 86 percent. We are going to have a situation, when your child right now reaches middle age, where 14 percent of the people in the world are supporting the other 86 percent. And those figures are reflected in this country as well. The women who cannot afford to have a child have them. The women who can, don't. Hey, look forward to your future.