Right-Wing Media On Stop And Frisk: "Order" First, Constitution SecondAugust 23, 2013 5:54 PM EDT ››› JOHN KERR & SERGIO MUNOZ
Loading the player yt...
Between January 2004 and June 2012, the NYPD conducted over 4.4 million stops.
- In 98.5% of the ensuing 2.3 million frisks, no weapon was found
- Only 6% of all stops resulted in an arrest, and 6% resulted in a summons
- The remaining 88% of the 4.4 million stops resulted in no further law enforcement action
- In 52% of the 4.4 million stops, the person stopped was black
- In 31% of the stops, the person stopped was Hispanic
- In 10% of the stops, the person stopped was white
- In 2010, New York City's resident population was roughly 23% black, 29% Hispanic, and 33% white
[Floyd v. City of New York, 8/12/13]